I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

21 August 2014

My Little Brother's Rehearsal Dinner

 
My little brother got married last weekend, cue the tears....Sadly I have very few pictures as I was too busy helping to take pictures. Crossing my fingers my Aunt Debbie and the photographer have lots I can share shortly. In the meantime I figured I would share the Rehearsal dinner pics I quickly took on my phone.


We held this at the Buffalo Cookout Picnic Area at Niobrara State Park. It overlooks a small pond and you are surrounded by vegetation. Not too shabby.


We were going for a casual country picnic feel and I think overall it was a success.


I was missing napkins in all these pictures - but you get the general idea. My brother made all the citronella candles you see in the little tin buckets, my mom and I planted and lime washed the herbs, the linens were all vintage we already owned, and the jars were a fun collection, the plates and flatware we "borrowed" from the lodge. The koozies said "cheers to a future filled with love and adventure".


I made the fabric "curtain" out of thrifted linens and each favor basket contained Puerto Rican coffee, homemade muffins, homemade strawberry and peach jam, homemade chocolate chip cookies, nuts, and pamphlets about things to do in the area along with a weekend schedule.

 
We wanted a farm to table type dinner so we served hamburger from our friend Grant Nielson's farm(excellent if you want to purchase some) bison from Kreycik Elk & Buffalo Ranch (also excellent), a green salad, rolls from the local bakery in Verdigree, and potato salad made by my mom. We had planned on an ice cream bar after but due to the felon on the loose that never happened.


Really wish I had more pictures of the various details, to include vintage metal wash tubs used as a coolers and the delic food. But at least I have these. Crazy enough we had to evacuate this location early due to a suicidal man with a gun on the loose. Never in a million years would have predicted that. Read more here if you want the full story.

No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC